Popular Posts

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Shopping Prep for my first Whole 30


Tuesday and Wednesday I was lucky enough to get most of my shopping done to start my first week of the Whole 30. However I was pretty scattered, and forgot to get a few things that had been on my list like sweet potatoes, blueberries, and parsnips.

It worked out well though, I bought a good amount of produce and even found inexpensive chicken wings that I plan on making some approved buffalo sauce to toss them in. Something about me is that I love wings! If they're from WingStop or Hooters I don't care, I'll inhale them all. (However I don't care for Buffalo Wild Wings though) 

Enough about me and back to the food
I prepped salads, cut fruit, and even made some homemade dressings for my lunches. I also made what I refer to as 'fake hummus' just avocados with lemon and olive oil in the food processor. It spreads great, and I used to put it on my sandwiches. It's especially great if your avocados are going bad the lemon keeps them fresh a little longer. 

I'll add my list of all the Whole 30 products that I purchased, I'm loving the Cashew Butter that I found at Trader Joes next to the register, it's a little runny but just so tasty! 

So here's some of my haul. Fun fact, I still can't get the bottle of avocado oil open.

No comments:

Post a Comment